Sandnes - Alpaca Silk
Sandnes yarn quality Alpakka Silk is among the softest available. The yarn uses only alpaca fibers that are between 20 and 23 microns (micrometers) and it is one of the finest and softest alpaca qualities available. This softness, together with the smooth surface of the silk, gives a quality that feels extra mild and cool against the skin. Both alpaca and silk have good heat-regulating properties. Alpaca does not contain lanolin.
- Material: 70% alpaca and 30% mulberry silk
- Recommended gauge: 27 stitches
- Recommended knitting needles: 3.0 mm.
- Weight / length: 50 grams = approx. 200 meters.
- The work should be hand washed with wool detergent and then dried flat.
- The silk comes from China and the alpaca comes from Peru or Bolivia.